Forex Margin Trading
Forex margin trading is very dangerous and risky for your trading account. Have you read about forex leveraging? Those who understands it will know that it can be one of the most powerful features of trading forex. Usually when you set up an account with a broker, you will being offer with a 1% margin. It means that you will only need to deposit just 1% of the total value of your trades. Your broker will be lending you the remaining 99%.
Giving example that if your account trades in lots of a hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) each, you will only need to invest only one thousand dollars ($1000) for your side. This allows any other individuals to be able to trade without forking out few hundred thousand to trade. “Well, that a good deal!” you might say. However you will need to know what is the downside of things.
Never hit a margin call. This is what everybody in the forex trading world will be telling you. So what does that means? In every forex account, there is a margin limit to it. It is to minimize your risk in forex while trading. When your trade loses and an account balance hits the margin limit, you will get a margin calling. When this is happening, you will be close out of your trade immediately, carrying your loses with it. Trading on forex margin trading method will easily get a margin call if your trades are not handled well.
With the power of leverage, you can easily wipe out your account trading on margin. A small unpredictable wrong move of the market can do just that. On the other side, you can get some nice profit with the market price moving in the direction of your favor.
Using forex margin trading on a 1% margin is a very risky business. However, success can still be achieve with the correct level of leveraging and the right level of risk management. Another important factor you will need to know is having a really good risk management strategy. A professional trader always has his own powerful risk management strategy. Even with a powerful risk management portfolio, these professional traders are still putting themselves in a big risk using forex margin trading.